Family...with a capital F.

I feel like I need to write about family today. To remember why they are important and why we love them. Possibly it is because I have spent a lot of time lately with a particular member of my family that is difficult to like, but I still love. Perhaps that is why family is so important in the end... even when they don't like you so much, when you fail, after you have said some stupid hurtful things, they will still be there for you. Nobody is perfect. We all have flaws, we all make mistakes, and without family to pick us up, help us out, life would be intolerable.

I am lucky. While my physical family is quite small compared to many, the number of those I consider family is quite large.

I think today is a good day to count our blessings of friends and family and remember that even those who drive us nuts and make us crazy, try to think of one reason we love them, even if that reason is only because they are family and we HAVE to.

No comments: