I love Sunset Foods



So, there is this grocery store near where I work called Sunset Foods. I love this store on SO many different levels. Sure, its a little more expensive then the local Jewel Osco. However, they have a wider variety of foods, beverages, an awesome salad bar, and their staff is well trained. For example; on one occasion I was checking out and there were two young kids at the end of the lane. One was TRAINING the other how to properly BAG my items. Yes, how to properly BAG. Things like 'never put any cleaning or chemical items in with the food.' These are things that would seem obvious to me, but apparently it is not, as often proven when I get home and my bread smells like dryer sheets when I shop at the Jewel.

They also don't look at me like a freak when I pull out my Envirosax. I have used my Envirosax for a long time and when I use them at Jewel, Target, or other stores I get all sorts of irritated responses. Now, this was before it became 'cool' or 'trendy' to bring your own bag. I was in the high school ecology club. This was back when we were worried about CFCs and Aerosol sprays and the hole in the ozone layer.

When I had hurt my foot they FORCED me to accept assistance out to my car.

They meet you as you come up to the checkouts they direct you to the shortest line and unload your cart.

I got carded.

So yeah, I totally LOVE Sunset Foods.

1 comment:

o-mom said...

It is simply the best!!