life

It has caught up to me. I have been busy. Work, school, life. I haven't posted in a while. I know I said I would post about the big dinner I made for my brother, which was wonderful. I have pictures of the fabulous cake I did for my dad's birthday- still on my camera- I also made an awesome cake for my Baby Goose for his 7th bird-day. Its hard to believe he has been with us for 7 years. I just haven't had the time to put the up. It will happen eventually. I have school 2 nights a week. I still am working full time as well. I don't think there is a single week this semester where I don't have at least one paper due. Its very busy. I also signed up for a book club at work. I am excited about that. Other literary minded folks at work. After much debate we finally settled on a book for the first discussion, to take place at the end of October. We will be reading "Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson. I also am now a member of the ALA and have a subscription to Library Journal.

Yes, I am going to be a librarian. I am excited about being a librarian. Although I have to do something about the stereotype. When I told someone at work about it, she said I should dress up like a librarian for Halloween. I said, 'what, I should wear this?' she replied, stating that I don't look like a librarian. She said that I need glasses and have a bun, and shush people all the time.
-----
i just found out Paul Newman died. I have to go be sad now.

No comments: