House hunting...

So my mom is looking for a new house. Yes, I still live with my folks. I don't mind. I don't want to live alone. I think I would get lonely. Plus, the price is right. It is just a bit awkward. I mean, my dad doesn't want to move... I don't know if its that he really likes this house (which I don't think is possible) or that he doesn't want to move all our stuff... My mom wants to move because she has this fear of getting old and not being able to deal with the stairs and that also bugs me. I mean, she's not old. I don't want to move because then I would have to pack up all my crap and my god, do I have a lot of stuff. Its mind numbing when you think about how much crap you can accumulate when you live in the same house for 20 years. Ugh. I have a LOT of stuff. I really don't want to have to move it. Of course, I also think maybe it would be good. I can start new. there is something to be said for a clean slate. Fresh walls, a new space. The latest house she looked at she said I would get the smaller bedroom at the back of the house, ok? smaller? umm.. but then she also said I would get the finished basement as my office/lounge area... Its a HUGE basement. The closets aren't that great but the fact that I wouldn't need to keep my TV, Computer, Books, DVDs, CDs, Comics, all in my room along with all of my clothes would make a huge difference. Plus there is a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom and a hot tub out back. Someone liked jets. The kitchen was very nice. My mom said it was the type of kitchen for someone who does a lot of entertaining. She said we never entertain. I told her if we had a kitchen that would allow for entertaining, maybe we would. I told her that I have friends. I have people. I am not sure if she liked that idea or not. I don't know if I like that idea or not. Sometimes I wonder if I did something like that would it even work out. I'd like to think it would but it seems like I have those friends who tell me they will do something but then they forget or something better comes along and well, nothing happens. The "we'll do that next weekend," personally, I think that means we made plans. That is until I call and ask them and find out that they made other plans and so I have no plans because I turned down other plans assuming I had plans. Does that make sense? I guess not. I am babbling which I think is the whole point of a blog. Whatever.

No comments: