Three Things...

I have three things to talk about today.
#1. My voice mail. I had a message on my voice mail on my cell phone for Kaitlyn Smith. I have no idea who she is or why someone would leave a message for her on my cell phone. Especially since my voice mail says my name twice. If you are calling Kaitlyn and you get Maddie's voice mail and it specifically tells you that it is ONLY Maddie's voice mail and not to leave a message for anyone other than Maddie... would you then proceed to leave a message for Kaitlyn? Yeah.

#2. I work in a call center. I take 80+ calls every day. When you call a customer service line, please remember that you are speaking to a real person on the other side. We have feelings, we are someone's mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, husband, or wife... We do what we can to help. Please do not abuse us. Help us. When we ask for your name, give us your full name- first and last. Do not talk as though you have marbles in your mouth. Its frustrating, I know. But trust me, you are not the only Alexis or Walter that we have in our customer database. And no, just because you talked to me 3 weeks ago, doesn't mean I remember every detail of that conversation. I don't remember who you are. I spoke to over 1200 people last month. Sorry.

#3. I came home from work today. And despite the previous note- it wasn't even a bad day, just a few annoying messages from Bob who wanted me to call him back because he talked to me on the 7th. I have no idea who Bob is. No last name, no account number, nothing else. But I am supposed to call him back. Sure. Anyway, onwards to # 3. I am sick of political ads. We haven't even had the primary election here yet and during one break there were 4 ads in a row. I miss hearing about Jane's herpes or Joe's ED.

Okay, so now I am yelling at the TV because the State of the Union address is REALLY pissing me off. How much time is left? Too much. Ugh. He is such an idiot. We need to impeach him.

No comments: