Life working in a call center

It has been a while since I have ranted about work. I seriously want to start answering the phone: 'Thank you for calling --- My name is M*. Please don't yell at me, I didn't do it.'

The next time you call a customer service number, remember you are talking to a person. I am someones daughter, someones friend. For all you know, you could be screaming expletives at me. Would you do that if you had to look in my eyes while calling me an effing *&1^%? Would you be able to treat me like that if you had to look me in the face? Next time you are all worked up and angry and ready to rip the customer service representatives head off, remember, he could be your neighbor. She could be me. That person who helped you get the last bottle of shampoo of the top shelf at the Target on Sunday? Might have been a CSR. The guy who let you turn during rush hour Monday night? Very possibly was a CSR. We are really trying to help. We are just people.

No comments: