So thats another weekend all shot to hell.

Sunday night. It comes so quickly. Tomorrow I get to go to work once again. When did this happen? When did I become a grown up? Somewhere between studying for final exams and now I managed to become an adult. I don't remember how or when but I find myself sitting here with a grown up job, a 401k, dental, taxes, bills, and obligations. I don't get carded for beer anymore. When did that happen? When did I start looking old enough to buy beer? When did it start mattering? I mean, when did it change from being cool to look older to trying to look younger. When did I hit that point? The thing here is: I'm not even old, I'm in my mid/late twenties. I still think about things like gray hairs and laugh lines. I try not to but I do. Its pathetic and superficial when I should be worring about how I should be reducing my carbon footprint and how to finish my application to graduate school. But while I do those things, I also wonder if I am going to need to start paying to dye my hair, if I need to start budgeting for that. I never thought I would be that type of person, because it shouldn't matter. If I was a man, it wouldn't matter. But since it does, I may just bend. That is what happens, as we get older the rules seem to change. Plans change. I don't think I have changed all that much. I still think we can change the world. I still believe in true love- despite my outward cynicism. I still love cinnamon. I still get nervous when my boss wants to talk to me, even though I know I can do my job and I am damn good at it. I still make a mean potroast. Anyway, I guess there was really no point to this except to say that I got beer at SuperTarget on Friday and they didn't card me. I haven't been carded in a year. I am beginning to think I need the botox or something.

1 comment:

o-mom said...

You don't need the Botox. If it's any consolation, I had the same problem at 22, but at 45 everyone thought I was 35- so it evens out.