A few life lessons.

Just a few recent observations.

I really just want to share with you, my faithful readers (all three of you), a few things I have learned in my life. This also will serve as a reminder to myself. There are some things I just don't want to forget.

1. Give your friends the benefit of the doubt. They will surprise you.
2. If you like to cook, be sure to have friends that like to eat. It just works better that way.
3. Make a point to spend one day a month in 'comfy pants' being a bum. Appriciate all you have.
4. Read something stupid and silly. Just because you can understand Kafka and Nietzsche doens't mean you shouldn't enjoy a Cosmo Quiz.
5. The guy in traffic didn't cut you off because he hates you. He cut you off because he is a jerk. Don't take other peoples stupidity personally.
6. Never underestimate other peoples stupidity. That way, it won't surprise you.
7. Never ever discuss The O.C. in front of anyone unless you are sure they have seen that episode.
8. Sometimes you just have to wear silly underwear.
9. Admit what your favorite movie is, even if it isn't 'a movie for the ages' because your friends will find out the truth... especially after the 100th time they rented Lawrence of Arabia for you when you are having a bad day, just because you love it so much. Nobody can understand why you keep popping the NoDoz.
10. Be good to your mommy. She loves you. Speaking of...I am gonna go hang with mine for a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a big heart you have, and quite a brain to match. I enjoy your writing. mk