I love the fishes cause they're so delicious!

Mr. Poppers and I went to Hayashi tonight for dinner. I like sushi. I ate a lot of sushi. I also made an exciting discovery! Hayashi is now open on Sundays! Woohoo! So now when I have those urges for sushi on Sunday afternoon, I can simply hop in my xA (also Japanese) and get some nummy num nums. Yes, I did just say Nummy Num Nums.

So, for the first time in 'I don't know how many' years, I missed the state of the union address. I just was not in the mood. From what I hear, I didn't miss much. Its not like Bush got up there and said, 'Well, folks, The state of the union is really bad. We need to make some drastic changes. First we are going to bring all of our troops home. Then we are going to take all of that money we spent on blowing up a bunch of brown people because we wanted their oil and use it to help pay for education, health insurance, and housing for people who need it here at home. We have also decided we are not going to give huge companies with record profits any subsidies or tax breaks... (such as Wal-Mart or BigOil) and instead help out those of you who make less than 30k a year and may actually need it.'

No. Its not like that happened. From what I hear he said that everything is peachy keen. Perfect. We rock like socks, he should be allowed to peep in our windows, read our diaries, go through our underwear drawers, whatever he wants, why? Because he is the president of the United States of America damn it and he wants to. But there are laws against it? So, they don't apply to him because he is the president of the United States of America. Wait. If the laws don't apply, doesn't that make him a dictator? Lets take a look at the dictionary:


President: The word president is derived from the Latin prae- "before" + sedere "to sit." As such, it originally designated the officer who "sits before" a gathering and ensures that debate is conducted according to the rules of order.


Dictator: A ruler who is not restricted by a constitution, laws or any opposition.

A president ENSURES order... a dictator is not restricted by any order. Hmmmm. Sound a little suspicious.

Well. I should probably stop now seeing as Just typing the word President probably got me on some lists thanks to the Patriot Act. Wait...I probably am already on those lists. I AM a card carrying member of the ACLU...Why aren't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have discovered your blog! Ha! Nothing can withstand the awesome onslaught of my incredible detective skills.

Also, you put a link in your email .sig.

We're in complete agreement about the State of the Union address. I just have one question:

Why do you hate America?

Maddie said...

I so don't hate America. I strongly dislike our president. Big difference. Gotta book. Baby being born.