Work bites ya in the ass and spits ya out.

So, about once a month the Terminix guy comes in. I hate that. The smell gets to me. Plus I end up feeling icky for about 3 days afterwards. Now, their website INSISTS there is nothing dangerous about the chemicals in their spray. I doubt it. I mean, look at the bugs. They don't seem to happy about it.

So we are having a little lunch thing today at work. Or should I rephrase it; everyone here at work is having a lunch thing at work, me? I am at my desk watching the phones as usual. I can hear them chatting, laughing, eating. Me, I wait for 1 to come along and see if there are any scraps left. Sure, I had to bring in my part. I brought chips and dip. Of course, I don't know if there will be any left. Last time there was a lunch, I got sick and so I didn't eat, which was fine anyway, as there was nothing left to eat at 1. I feel like I should tell them all to fuck themselves and not bring anything, but I also feel like if I don't bring anything I won't be 'part of the team' and you must be a "TEAM" player. Got to be part of the fucking team, no matter how much the team tries to fuck you over and kick you out or ignore you.

No wonder the secretary on tv or in the movie always has an attitude and a cigarette. This job is giving me an attitude (okay, I've always had the attitude, but it is bringing it out in me) and maybe not a cigarette but give me a beer or something, I could shoot some of these people.*

*If you are reading this, you being the one person here who has the link to this blog, I don't mean you. You, I like. I like the person in the cube next to you too. She's nifty. I just hate being expected to be "in the group" except when the group is there actually participating. Then I must be down the hall covering for the group, so when I can finally participate, you have to be excluded...except there is nothing to be excluded from because The new group consists of oh lookie...its just ME. Sorry I think its hormones. Stress? Not buying it? Neither am I.

No comments: